Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Getting Involved

I received an email today from Mike Pelliccio of MFD Detailing Services LLC. Mike is our NISD Northeast Chapter Director. He sent us the minutes of the NISD Annual Meeting and in his attached letter said he hoped he can consider all of us Chapter members. That is one of the questions I have had since I joined NISD 2 years ago. Why are automatically made Members at Large and not assigned to our regional chapter. There are no additional dues. I would encourage all NISD members to contact their regional director and get involved. Mike has already help me by referring me to someone who could handle a project for one of my clients that I was unable to take on. Mike has represented those of us in the Northeast quite some time and has done an admirable job. I am coming to the end of a 4 year term with a large non-profit and look forward to getting involved with NISD.
Today, there are less detailers that when I joined the ranks in 1978. Yet the need continues to grow. Membership in the NISD can only help you, whether you are self employed or work for someone. My membership in AISC, ICC, and Nomma have helped me greatly, both as a detailer and a business owner. Membership in NISD however, surrounds me with my peers who share common experiences and goals. Together, we can achieve great things for our industry, our profession, and ourselves. It just takes a moment to say yes. Please click on the NISD link to find out more about the benefits of this wonderful organization, and how you can help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish the NISD communicated with us more often. I never hear from them unless it's a bill for dues or maybe one issue of Connection each year. I know it's a lot of work and we all are pressed for time but if they want the organization to work, they have to add value by giving us something of value. Monthly email newsletters, even if it's just one page.